Privacy and Cookies
This Policy will be updated periodically. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you understand and are content with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st April 2017.
Pakeman Catto & Carter collect your personal information when you shop online at pakeman.co.uk
We use this information to enhance your shopping experience and during the processing of your order to keep you informed it’s progress.
We may collect the following information:
- your name – so we can address you correctly;
- your email address – to email you order confirmations, delivery information, special offers etc. If you wish to stop receiving emails from us please follow the unsubscribe link on one of our newsletters. (However you will still continue to receive email notifications regarding any orders you place);
- delivery address – for obvious reasons;
- telephone number – we will only call you if there is an issue with your order;
- mobile number – if your order is delivered by courier you may get SMS updates regarding the timing of your delivery;
- credit / debit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your credit / debit card details are not stored after your purchase. Our payment system is PCI DSS Compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Pakeman Catto & Carter is on the Register of Data Controllers.
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, service providers and other contractors in order to fulfil orders you place with us and to provide the services you have requested.
We will never pass your details to a third party for third party marketing purposes without your consent.
If for any reason you are unsure about the personal or account information we are holding in your name, please contact us and we will be happy to review this for you.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. They are a bit like an ID card and let a website know when a user who has previously visited the site returns. This can enhance your user experience by bringing up information relevant to you such as your name, previous orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs and cannot read information saved on your computer, spread viruses or access any information that you have not disclosed to that website.
For further information on Cookies please see www.allaboutcookies.org/